What does success looks like for you? Linda Shevlin will guide us through a Career Review Workshop for our next professional practice event in partnership with Visual Artists Ireland. This workshop is designed to assess what you have learned and how to gain insight into potential paths forward. It will also include an overview of skills and research that you may need to undertake in working towards your goals, looking at potential hurdles that might be on your path and the reality of those goals in the art world context.
The workshop is structured to:
- Achieve clarity on what success looks like for you individually
- Clarify the resources, skills and progress you’ve made to date
- Identify the resources you’ll need to move forward
- Understand the ecosystem of the contemporary fine art world
- Agree which part of the art world you wish to be a part of going forward
- Understand the activities which are and are not compatible with this goal in terms of reputation development
- Dissect and gain and understanding of the journeys of established artists
- Develop a detailed understanding of the skills required to reach your goals
- Identification of the types of hurdles you might be placing in your own path
- Identification of the hurdles that the art world places in your path
- Clarity on strategies for overcoming these
- Application of key learning’s to overall project management template
Tuesday 12 March 2019, 10.30am-4.30pm
Registration is now open.
This event is part of a series funded with a specific subsidy for the Limerick, Clare, and Tipperary region.