Refashion: drop-in workshops
Curious to learn tips and tricks for repurposing your old clothes? Join us for a drop-in workshop on Saturday mornings with Aisling Uí Dhálaigh from 10am-12pm. Each workshop will demonstrate techniques and easy skills for any up-cycling project.
Workshops will include:
• Basic sewing (Sewing on buttons, fixing buttonholes, darning techniques)
• Basic clothes alterations skills (Taking up a hem, altering a waistline)
• Creative and innovative design development (Coming up with clever features to give your clothes a revamp)
• Appliqué techniques (Surface detailing: beading, embroidery, patching, painting)
• Making your unwanted clothes into something new to wear or for your home (New top/dress/skirt/pants or rug/cushion covers/bag/slippers)
• Participants are asked to bring in old clothes or fashion items they wish to up-cycle or repurpose
Ormston House will host drop-in workshops on 15 and 22 February 2020. March dates TBA.
Cost: €10 per workshop (includes extra materials and all equipment)