Refashion, Repurposing & Up-cycling
Aisling Uí Dhálaigh will lead a series of Refashion, Repurposing & Up-cycling courses on Wednesday evenings at Ormston House starting in February 2020. Each course consists of three hands-on workshops and will facilitate you in the process of refashioning, repurposing or up-cycling your old or unwanted clothes. Participants will learn the skills to take on a refashioning project and will complete a personal up-cycling project from start to finish.
Workshops will include:
• Basic sewing (sewing on buttons, fixing buttonholes, darning techniques)
• Basic clothes alterations skills (taking up a hem, altering a waistline)
• Creative and innovative design development (coming up with clever features to give your clothes a revamp)
• Appliqué techniques (surface detailing; beading, embroidery, patching, painting)
• Making your unwanted clothes into something new to wear or for your home
• Participants are asked to bring in old clothes or fashion items they wish to up-cycle or repurpose
Other materials and equipment will be provided. The course is €70 per person.
Course #1 on 5, 12, & 19 February 2020, 7-9pm [booked out]
Course #2 on 26 February, 4 & 11 March 2020, 7-9pm [now open for bookings]
Bookings and queries can be made directly to Aisling here.