Supermarket Art Fair: Open Call
Ormston House is seeking submissions from members for a solo or two-person booth at Supermarket Art Fair in Stockholm, Sweden in May 2023. Supermarket is an international artist-run fair showcasing unique projects and ideas by artists from around the world. Please note, this open call is for artists based in Ireland.
The theme of Supermarket 2023 is the Twilight Zone, another name for the Earth’s terminator, a moving border between the light and the dark dividing the planet into daytime and nighttime. While one half of the world is bathed in sunlight, the other is shrouded in shadow. What happens at the thin line between day and night? A literal interpretation is not required, we encourage artists to respond creatively to the theme in their submission.
Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Supermarket 2023. Your submission should not exceed 20MB. The deadline is Wednesday 22 February 2023 at 12pm.
- A biography (up to 250 words per artist).
- An artist’s work statement (up to 250 words per artist) and your response to the theme (up to 250 words).
- A single pdf with up to 10 images or other documentation of the proposed works. Please note, only existing works will be considered; include titles, years, materials, dimensions, duration, photography credit, and any other relevant information in your pdf.
- You must be a member of our free Membership Scheme for artists.
- Access requirements (see Examples of Access Docs).
- Installation notes (additional technical requirements or considerations).
- Other information you think is important.
The selected artist(s) will be invited to travel to Sweden between 8 and 15 May 2023. Ormston House will cover travel, accommodation, per diems at a minimum of €25/day up to €200, and a participation fee for the selected artist(s) of €200 each. The selected artist(s) should be on site for the installation, duration and de-installation, and will be encouraged to meet and network with other participating artists and artists’ initiatives.
In order to keep administration costs to a minimum and the Membership Scheme free, we will not be offering feedback on individual submissions. For advice on preparing proposals, please see Visual Artists Ireland guidelines here.